About the Program Manager position
Camp For All is looking for a well-spoken, versatile individual with proven team-building and leadership abilities. They will be experienced in programming camp activities for children and adults with special needs. They will insure the efficient operation of Camp programs through thorough review, creative development and detail implementation of program policies and procedures. They will recruit, hire, train, supervise and evaluate the program staff ranging in size from four full time supervisors to thirty seasonal staff. The Program Manager is also a member of the Camp For All Administrative team, who work together throughout the year to take the organization to the next level for those we serve and all of the members of our team.
About Camp For All:
Camp For All is a unique, year round, barrier-free camp for children and adults with challenging illnesses and special needs. We maintain a professional environment where our mission is carried forward through the work of our innovative and dynamic team members. Camp For all supports a culture of always putting our mission first and upholding the values of communication, professionalism, work life balance, diversity and inclusion and quality in all that we do. #campforallproud
Program Manager responsibilities are:
- Ensures the efficient operation of Camp programs through thorough and careful review, development, and implementation of program policies and procedures to enhance the Camp’s ability and effectiveness
- Provides leadership and day to day management of all program areas with the purpose of enhancing program operations
- Oversees the recruitment, hiring, training, supervision and evaluation of program staff engaged in providing program coordination
- Plans, coordinates with, and leads User Groups as needed in Summer/Fall/Spring
- Develops, documents, and maintains schedules for summer program staff as well as Spring/Fall weekend retreat/camp groups
- Develops, implements, and maintains records of safety standards to be followed by all program staff, in accordance with Camp For All, Texas Department of Health, and American Camping Association
- Communicates effectively to employees and delegates responsibilities
Leads program staff and volunteers in accomplishing the goals of Camp For All by setting a positive example and serving as a mentor
- Develops, documents, and implements an annual program operating budget
- Organizes, documents, teaches, coordinates, and/or supervises certification and education classes for Program Staff (i.e. Challenge Course, lifeguard, etc.)
- Researches, develops, and implements new programs to enhance the current curriculum
- Assumes duties or responsibilities in the absence of the Camp Director
- Rotates Manager On Duty responsibilities with other managers.
Maintains a flexible work schedule with the ability to work extended hours as needed
Program Manager requirements are:
3+ years' experience in camp program development, staff training, and supervision.
Profound experience in supervisory and/or management positions
Applicable experience working with special needs population
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with good strategic ability
Good communication skills
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university or equivalent experience
- Ability to work effectively across departments, with members of the executive team, board members and volunteers with confidence and professionalism.